Tanit-Isis has given me this lovely award!
I’m still waiting for the generous cash prize 😉 In the meantime, I’m supposed to list 10 things about me you’d never guess, and pass the award on to five other beautiful bloggers. However, I’m going to list only 7 things because 10 is hard to come up with, I suspect because of how brains are generally wired.
1. My first job was selling bets at a racetrack. I don’t think I ever placed a bet – I don’t like losing money.
2. I taught English in Japan for a year. This was one of the most formative experiences I’ve had. I also discovered that just because I’m petite doesn’t mean that clothes for Japanese women will actually fit me.
3. In an annual talent show at university, I sang Led Zeppelin songs two years running. I’ve also sung in a chapel choir.
4. I have a (very dusty) second degree black belt in Tae-Kwon Do.
5. I went to England to do a master’s degree.
6. The first dance form I got into seriously was Ukrainian. I’ve dabbled in Bhangra, Kathak, Egyptian bellydance and Salsa. I’ve been doing American Tribal Style bellydance for 6-7 years and will theoretically start teaching soonish.
7. I work with my mother and we get along quite well. Possibly because we live in different cities, but as I’m moving back to my hometown in the next while, I guess I’ll get to put that theory to the test.
I’m going to hold off on nominating anyone for the moment. I suspect that every blogger I read has been tagged already.