Tag Archives: knit

silver project 1: sleek maxi skirt

So this worked surprisingly well. Back in June, I made my first project using the silver knit (probably considered a sweater knit) and plain grey knit described here. I bought the silver because I had been thinking about some sparkle … Continue reading

Posted in wearable | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment


So far so good with these fabrics. The one on top I’d describe as a fine sweater knit – black and grey, with silver threads that turn into glitter and get everywhere when cut. I scored 4m for $10, 100% … Continue reading

Posted in ruminations | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

a simple dressy top

I’ve been looking over the body shape analysis over at Inside Out Style, and I figured that I was likely an X (hourglass) or A (pear). If I’m an A, then the wisdom would be to keep hips free of … Continue reading

Posted in process | Tagged , , , | 5 Comments

three for three

I finished my third long-sleeve T-shirt a few weeks ago and just haven’t had time to post about it. The neckline ended up a little snugger than I intended. I misremembered what seam allowance I’ve been using, and my SA … Continue reading

Posted in wearable | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

T-shirt 2

After the heady success of making a T-shirt that I actually want to wear, I decided to have another go using another piece from the stash. While making t-shirt 1, I added the adjustments to the pattern as I went … Continue reading

Posted in process, stash, wearable | Tagged , , , , | 3 Comments

T-shirt win!

Well, it took a month and a half, but I finally have a wearable T-shirt! Not much of a sweatshop at this rate 😉 I tried to ignore the fact that the pattern is described as “very easy”, because I … Continue reading

Posted in process, stash, wearable | Tagged , , , , | 6 Comments

attempt at a T-shirt

Inspired by Tanit-Isis, like so many others, I decided to try something out of my comfort zone. For me, this was knits. I wear a lot of long-sleeve T-shirts, so I thought this would be the place to start. It … Continue reading

Posted in process, stash | Tagged , , , | 9 Comments